• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Shortlisting colleges in the New York Area for an MQF/MFE/MMF?

Hi everybody! I was, until a couple of weeks ago committed to attending Singapore Management University's MQF program, however, personal obligations are making me consider NY as my family will be moving there. For context, I'm an Indian Engineering graduate (class of 2024 - 3.55/4.0) from a second-tier college (non-IIT, non-BITS) with internship experience at India's premier government public policy institution in the energy sector. I have also interned in PE and have lined up an equity research role that's starting in January of 2024. Also, have a decent GMAT Focus edition score of 625 (83rd percentile).

Right now I have shortlisted the following programs:
Baruch MFE - don't fancy my chances here though the new QBA might help me out
Fordham MSQF - I believe I'd be a decent fit here and I like their pretty balanced curriculum however I don't know how accurate the salary listed is on the quantnet rankings
Stevens Institute of Tech. - Same as Fordham, however it seems to have better ROI
Stony Brook University - I don't have a GRE score however I am really enthusiastic about how quant-heavy the program is and I believe I'd be a good fit here - no placement records I could find anywhere though
NYU Tandon MFE - again don't have a GRE, but this is my second choice program for sure
Rutgers - they have three different programs and placement info seems somewhat scarce - not sure how good the program is so I'd love some insight here
CMU MSCF - seems to be a long shot for me as someone who isn't from a top tier institution and as I don't have relevant experience

Would love some insight on where I stand relative to other applicants to these programs, and if there are other programs in the New York Area I could consider! Would also love to get any other advice!

Last edited:
Hey @SiddharthaRS where did you end up going?
Hey so I am still waiting on responses for most of them, ended up applying pretty late. That being said, I got into a couple programs in Singapore so I am seriously considering that. If I get into Fordham or NYU I will take that. Got rejected from Baruch which was somewhat expected tbh

Back