• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

SIG phone interview

Hi everyone,

I have an interview with SIG in couple of days. I want to know what are they going to ask? did anyone have interview with them. I am not sure about the position they are gonna fit me in. However, about my background, I am doing one PhD in Electrical Eng., One PhD in Mathematics, and one Master's in Financial Engineering. Thanks

You need to give more information here about the company and position. :)

The company is called Susquehanna International group. they are a quantitative, trading firm. It seesm they are fan of poker. the position I am not sure. i applied for quantitaive finance for an internship. I have heard they are gonna ask me some probability questions. i am wondering whether it is just probability, or they are gonna ask me soem question about the market and finance also

many thanks

Don't have interview experience with this SIG firm, can't share too much. Usually, what you've claimed on your resume is where people start. Make sure every bullet point listed, you can explain in detail.
About brainteaser, prob quiz...all depends on the people who is gong to interview you. But at least you should have solid knowledge of math since you said you are PHD.

Good luck!

You gave a very poor description for the position you're applying for, so I'm not sure how to be more specific/helpful.

I was at SIG a few summers back for their trading internship. In general, they are heavy into probability/logic brainteasers.

I wouldn't worry about behavioral type questions or a resume walk-through; they didn't do a single one of these for anyone my year. They do seem to highly value communication skills, but they won't ask you to demonstrate this explicitly. Anecdotal evidence suggests that they don't hire many people who "sound like nerds." Though this could be very different if you're not applying to be a trader... not really sure what the backoffice quants are like.

For the first-round screening interview, just be sure to know basic probability and be able to speak confidently and with clarity.

And they do like people who play games on a competitive level. (Poker, Magic: The Gathering, Bridge, etc.)

HTH

Go over your resume, make sure you know all the stuff you listed.
Go over the job description and make sure you are comfortable with the requirements listed. It is impossible to have experience or know every software or product listed on the job description, but at least try to know what are those stuff.

Also background search, Google the company, people there, and their news.

I interviewed with them last year for a Quantitative Assistant Trader Intern. The first two round were all Brainteasers/Probability Questions.

And they do like people who play games on a competitive level. (Poker, Magic: The Gathering,Bridge, etc.)
I always hoped I could find a place where all those hours I spent tuning my Prison deck would pay dividends.

Back