• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Squarepoint DQA position

Hi everyone,

I am currently a non-desk-facing quant at a BB and recently received an offer from Squarepoint capital as desk quant analyst. The position revolves around supporting quant researchers with coding and data analysis, but for the first two years is not quant research, more like quant dev, after which you get moved to quant research.

My long term goal is to break into s&t actually (i.e. exotics or QIS - the reason being that I like the fact that these jobs involve both technical work and client interaction, whereas HF quant jobs are just you staring at a PC all day long) and I guess my question is whether I should take SP and then try to move to QIS in a few years (or perhaps I will find out that I like systematic trading/I am good at it) or just wait to get a desk quant position in a bank and then try to lateral from there to S&T.

What do you guys think? How is squarepoint's reputation in the HFs landscape? Let's say I wanted to apply for sell side quant roles in a year: how would the desk quant experience at squarepoint be seen?

Thanks in advance

Back