• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Suggestion on internship

• Thread starter Thread starter NoahW
  • Start date Start date
Hi all.
This might be a stupid question but I'm really confused. I'm a junior year student preparing for MFE2025 application at the end of this year and up until now I have had two internships. The first one was about factor mining which lasted about 3 months and I did quite well as I successfully discovered several valid factors independently. The second one, which I'm currently on and have been doing for 6 months, is about volatility prediction and developing option strategy based on it. The previous 6 months had led to something that may turned into a live strategy, or maybe not. I'm quite confused as to whether I should carry on with this project because people around me tend to have at least 3 internship experiences before their application. Though I'm most inclined to carrying on because it's interesting and promising, but I also need to take the implication on my application into account since it could also lead to nothing or a failure.
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated! Have a good day

You have 2 internships which is 2 more than many applicants. As long as you can contribute and learn valuable lessons in those experiences, it will be a big plus in your applications.
You are taking the QuantNet C++ course which will give you a leg up and a strong signal to programs that you are a serious applicants.
Use the remaining time wisely to strengthen your profile. You can further your programming skills by taking the Python course. I've seen applicants with proven C++ and Python background got into top programs.

Back