There is hope to get admission with low gmat score !!

Hi

After passing the GMAT, getting lower score as I expected, and being insulted by some people who described me as a dumb because my only fault was not having the chance to live in English spoken country and get what it needs, I decided to not give up, in fact I have a priority consideration for MBA in finance at the University of Denver, Daniels College of Business, my TOEFL score does fulfill the entry requirements but my GMAT does not, I know this test is very important to such big business school, because it measures people s ability to study easily the program, However, I have a conviction that I can handle such program because the problem is not my level of logic, nor my level of comprehension , It is due to the environment in which I lived, I believe if the school give an admission and scholarship, I will be motivated to study well, the only problem is how to convince them, I don't want to give up easily, I did a lot of efforts to be in such level, Business finance was my dream since I was teenager, I gave up a lot of activities so I could improve my English, as well as management and accounting skills.

I put this is post here because I know there are a lot of people here who understand what does mean pursuing your dream.

Thank you

Hi,

Yes, there is hope. I see you have mentioned, you are interested in pursuing a career in Finance. Be specific, you can't be though, you are just 22 with no prior experience in Finance. You want to be a Trader / Quant / Risk fellow or some one who support traders in terms of Valuations of financial products (believe me, Valuations is not a wrong place to start, if you aren't good enough to begin from the trading floor).

I see your problem as low scores in both English language test and GMAT.

I would just go for IELTS and try to score the minimum bands required for your target schools (generally - overall 6.5, individual sections - 6).

GMAT - Focus more on Quant and score in excess of 46, Verbal - Yes, it requires practise and anything in excess of 30 (this way your score won't be as low as mentioned in your post). However, on the upper-side you have until 51 to reach in both the sections. Get rid of the 700+ phobia. What I mentioned are like the minimum. Target these and apply for as many institutes as possible.

Also, get some work exp in financial market or finance departments of some financial services organisations. You are just 22, three years of quality work experience from now, will do wonders.

Cheers !

Hi,

Yes, there is hope. I see you have mentioned, you are interested in pursuing a career in Finance. Be specific, you can't be though, you are just 22 with no prior experience in Finance. You want to be a Trader / Quant / Risk fellow or some one who support traders in terms of Valuations of financial products (believe me, Valuations is not a wrong place to start, if you aren't good enough to begin from the trading floor).

I see your problem as low scores in both English language test and GMAT.

I would just go for IELTS and try to score the minimum bands required for your target schools (generally - overall 6.5, individual sections - 6).

GMAT - Focus more on Quant and score in excess of 46, Verbal - Yes, it requires practise and anything in excess of 30 (this way your score won't be as low as mentioned in your post). However, on the upper-side you have until 51 to reach in both the sections. Get rid of the 700+ phobia. What I mentioned are like the minimum. Target these and apply for as many institutes as possible.

Also, get some work exp in financial market or finance departments of some financial services organisations. You are just 22, three years of quality work experience from now, will do wonders.

Cheers !
Thank you Bro, I appreciate what you just said, I want to be Investment manager , so what you is good start in finance industry

Back