• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB - bachelors in Mathematics best route?

Hows everyone doing? I'm new to this board but I have been reading several articles regarding quantitative trading / analysis. Let me start off by saying I am 20 years old with 3 years of stock trading experience with my own cash. Quantitative trading is the field I am going to get into.

I love trading and I have a successful track record. I am 1 year away from getting into UCB with an 80% chance of admission since I'm in a program which offers that to Latin individuals who want to pursue a degree in a quantitative field at UCB. My goal is to get into a trading firm and trade with my strategy. I eventually want to save up the money I earn and start up my own trading firm.

I have no experience in computer science. I am taking pre-requisite courses for the mathematics department at UCB. Would you guys suggest a BA in mathematics ? I am also planning on getting my PHd in Mathematics at UCB as well. I have read that knowledge in mathematics and computer science is a must for landing a job that I am looking for. Would the best route be pursuing my degree in Mathematics and then several courses in computer science? I didn't think laying out a plan would be this difficult.

I need advice from experts to help me concentrate and focus on what I need to do without having any confusion. Thank you for your time.

Back