• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Undergraduate degrees for quant in the UK

Aspiring to go into quant trading. Currently looking at the LSE "Financial maths and stats" degree and Imperial "Mathematics with statistics for finance" degree.

Which of the above two would be me the best chances/a leg up for pursuing a career in quant trading (or a doing masters degree instead)? Any other good undergrad courses in the UK for quant (not too keen on oxbridge)? Currently trying to consider safes too...

Also may be going off on a little tangent here, but how important is the "finance" part of things for quant? Would it be possible to pursue a quant trading career without any qualification in finance (e.g. a pure maths degree)?

I would go with Imperial over LSE. LSE is not a target for quant- it is only target for IB.
Thanks for the advice. Would it be ok to do an undergraduate at LSE and then move to a masters course at imperial? Or should I just go for undergrad at imperial from the start?

Back