• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

URGENT: Exotics or QIS Quant at Bank

What is better from switching to buyside/propshops perspective: Exotics vs QIS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am an Exotics FO quant in a bank and have the option of switching to QIS (STS for Goldman) team - I am wondering what is a better place option from a learning about markets standpoint and from the standpoint of moving to a prop-shop/buyside, or a market making/e-trading role on the sellside in the near future.

In the pricing role, I can hope to learn more about options and modelling correlations/vol - whereas on the QIS side, the S is dumb and most work is dev work, but I can learn about what kind of risk premium clients are seeking in different market regimes and how to best attain them (even if the methodology is set, I can learn about what's already in place).

Would appreciate any advice!!

Back