• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

What MS programs are more computational oriented other than Georgia Tech?

I am going to graduate in the Fall with a bachelor in Economics and Computational Math. I spend majority of my time programming for school and my own projects and I really enjoy programming in Python and sometimes C++. I know Georgia Tech is pretty heavily computational focus, are there any other good alternatives? I am planning on applying to MIT, BU, Georgia Tech for sure.

Georgia Tech QCF is planning to offer students an option to obtain a CS MS degree at the same time with an extra 6 month & several required courses from CS department (talked to director and this is not a final decision but highly likely), so you will get both QCF & CS MS degrees from GaTech upon graduation which can be a huge plus on resume in the job market nowadays.

Georgia Tech QCF is planning to offer students an option to obtain a CS MS degree at the same time with an extra 6 month & several required courses from CS department (talked to director and this is not a final decision but highly likely), so you will get both QCF & CS MS degrees from GaTech upon graduation which can be a huge plus on resume in the job market nowadays.
Are there hopes of this being finalised before the next batch arrives?

Are there hopes of this being finalised before the next batch arrives?
Yes that's the plan to offer this option to the next class. If you got an admission and is deciding whether to attend, I'd suggest you to send an email to confirm

As a person who is admitted to this program for fall 2019, we haven't been communicated about anything of this sort, till now.
If possible can you share any updated on whether they are offering dual degrees or not?

Hi everyone, I am a fall 2019 applicant and I just received an email that says
Thank you for your interest in the MS QCF Program here at Georgia Tech. Our admissions committee was impressed with several aspects of your application and would like to know if you would consider stretching the program to 2 years in order to further your technical skills by taking more CS courses.

I’m not sure if this is something related to what have been discussed here.

As a person who is admitted to this program for fall 2019, we haven't been communicated about anything of this sort, till now.
If possible can you share any updated on whether they are offering dual degrees or not?

I would suggest to shoot an email to confirm since you already get admitted and this is an important aspect . Please don't forget to post any update here :)

I shoot an email regarding the dual degree a week ago and here is the response:

"Currently, the QCF degree is 12 classes and the MS in Computer Science Engineering and MS in Computer Science degrees are 10 classes each. Georgia Tech has an existing policy where you can double-count 6 credits (2 classes) towards the pursuit of two master’s degrees. This means that if admitted to either the MS CS or MS CSE in addition to QCF, you could feasibly complete both programs totaling 20 classes in 2 years.

We are in the very beginning stages of a dual-degree proposal with QCF/CSE that would further reduce the number of credits to earn both degrees, but it has to go through several stages of approval and therefore we do not have details/timeline worked out yet. Again, this is all pending approval of the appropriate faculty committees, departments, etc. so we do not want to advertise this option until we certain it will be approved."

I am going to graduate in the Fall with a bachelor in Economics and Computational Math. I spend majority of my time programming for school and my own projects and I really enjoy programming in Python and sometimes C++. I know Georgia Tech is pretty heavily computational focus, are there any other good alternatives? I am planning on applying to MIT, BU, Georgia Tech for sure.

At CGU, you can apply to a dual degree in MS in Financial Engineering and MS in Computational & Applied Mathematics. Our MSFE program is also heavily promoting their new concentration in FinTech where students with computational background would be able to apply their skills to the technologically developing financial industry. Check out our MSFE program here and feel free to email Sean Gomez for more information.

Does anyone know what the outcome of this was? Are QCF students able to do the double degree now? If so, is it this degree program?

Any update on this for the incoming 2020 batch? This seems fantastic

georgia tech offers a dual degree in CSE not computer science
CSE is computational science and engineering so its very much not the same as ms cs
and that also is an unoffciial offering in its pilot program nothing is official yet

georgia tech offers a dual degree in CSE not computer science
CSE is computational science and engineering so its very much not the same as ms cs
and that also is an unoffciial offering in its pilot program nothing is official yet
oh okay thanks

Last edited:
Back