What other Math Courses should be added to my transcript?

Hi All,

I am currently a penultimate year student from Singapore. GPA 4.8/5.0. Major in Math and Econs.

The list of my math courses is shown below:

Linear algebra: level 1,2
Calculus level 1,2
Discrete mathematics
Experimental mathematics(matlab)
Scientific Programming(C++)
Statistics level 1,2
Numerical Analysis
Real Analysis
Stochastic Process
PDE.
Basic Optimization

My econ courses also include some time series and regression analysis.

I have two interns (1 in Commercial Bank WM, 1 in BB Tech). Both have exposures to programming(VBA/C++).

I was wondering what other courses should be added to my transcript? if i target Cornell/Columbia/CMU.

Thank you so much everyone!

Last edited:
Probability and Statistics or an intermediate probability course although stochastic processes works with a lot of intermediate probability concepts but I don't know how rigorous that course was. Columbia and Cornell should be easy for you. You've a good shot at CMU.

Probability and Statistics or an intermediate probability course although stochastic processes works with a lot of intermediate probability concepts but I don't know how rigorous that course was. Columbia and Cornell should be easy for you. You've a good shot at CMU.
Hi, moretodo. Thanks a lot for your advice. I am taking one graduate- level course which talks a bit abt quantum probability and point processes.

Still kinda concerned that I might not get a offer from Cornell or Columbia. Many of my classmates (ard 15%) get higher GPA than I. Also whether my uni is well recognized in US is an issue. Thanks again, moretodo.

Back