• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Which internship will benefit me more before starting the MFin program?

roni

Cornell FE
I just received an email from Bloomberg that I passed their online exam and that they invited me for an interview.
I applied for a "Financial Software Developer" position. This may turn into a full time position (I want to start MFin in fall 2011).

Here is what I'll study during the spring semester before the beginning of the summer internship:

"

- Introduction to computing: brief overview of software development
- Becoming a power user on UNIX: managing files and processes, customization, and practical commands
- Introduction to programming in C: control structures, functions, pointers, data structures, sorting and searching
- Introduction to databases: tables, indexing, simple SQL queries
- Introduction to software engineering at Bloomberg: life cycle of a project"

Also, I applied for a few Trading Summer Analyst positions.Now, which position will benefit me more ?

Thanks,
Roni.

Back