• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Why-a-Masters-in-Finance-Wont-Make-You-a-Quant-Trader

Interesting reading, indeed! Still in university sweating to get through I kind of hope that he is wrong :D haha.
I think he has some good points, but I do question his credibility because he runs a website targeting people who wants to be self-learner.

MIT master in finance is not a good one. If you know, you just know it. Princeton master in finance is kind of useless because students can easily find a job elsewhere based on their previous experience. In my view, the best program belongs to Columbia, CMU and NYU. Cornell is also good by the way.

MIT master in finance is not a good one. If you know, you just know it. Princeton master in finance is kind of useless because students can easily find a job elsewhere based on their previous experience. In my view, the best program belongs to Columbia, CMU and NYU. Cornell is also good by the way.
I would agree MIT is not so good as I have done a great amount of research on the program. But I believe Princeton is a great program which gets people to the roles they wish to get to.

I would agree MIT is not so good as I have done a great amount of research on the program. But I believe Princeton is a great program which gets people to the roles they wish to get to.
I agree with what you agree. Princeton's MSF maybe good. It only has roughly 25 people per year,(Cornell 50-70, forget this, just a light weight), Columbia even bigger. Compare their placements, there is difference but not that significant. I would say the Princeton's MSF is good because the students they get are the best of the bunch. Whether the program itself is good...em, maybe.

Back