• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Why is no one discussing UMN MFM program?

Hi all.

I've seen many people are inclined towards top programs in mfin like from Baruch,UCLA, Berkeley, CMU etc, but I'm unable to understand as why aren't students much interested in UMN program? The recent past discussions are very less and I'm unable to gauge as why? Can anyone please shed light on this?

Thanks in advance

This are my 2 cents. In the industry MFEs have a weird reputation. The programs are expensive, and if they cannot help you bring value to you in the future, it might not be worth it. Maybe that is why people focus mostly on top programs. At the end of the day a super star from any university will find its way to wall street if that is their goal.

Back