• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

2nd Undergraduate Degree

Hi, I would like to hear other people's opinion on this.

I have an undergraduate degree in engineering at a top university in Canada. However, my cumulative GPA is quite low, little shy of 3.0 although my 3rd, and 4th year annual GPAs are higher at low 3.0s.

To qualify for one of the MFE programs, I'm almost a year into completing my 2nd Undergraduate degree in Applied Mathematics, completing required courses for MFE as well as degree requirement. I'll be finishing next year and I'd like to be applying for 2013 admission MFE. Assuming I can get an overall GPA of above 3.9 (almost all A+ with a few A) for my 2nd degree, how much of disadvantages will I have by having such a low GPA on engineering degree?

I have other professional experience in engineering and finance, also other credentials. But for now, I'd like to hear other people's opinion on the idea of having 2nd undergraduate degree.

Thank you all in advance.

Back