• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

a student from China says hello to everybody!

Hi,I'm a post-graduate student from China, majoring in Finance.I'm not a quant,but I wanna learn someting about finance in here.That's why I join in this forum.Anyway,hope I can make some new friends.

Anybody going to the Olympic games? :) Time flies, seems like Greece 2004 was yesterday :)

2014 is far away from today :) I'm not even sure if I'm going to Euro 2008 Football :)

I'm from Shanghai,and probably I'll go to Beijing for that big event on the condition that I can find a good job,haha.

You guys can come to Shanghai in 2010,another wonderful event are waiting for you

I'm from Shanghai,and probably I'll go to Beijing for that big event on the condition that I can find a good job,haha.

You guys can come to Shanghai in 2010,another wonderful event are waiting for you

Hi,

Nice to meet you, so what about your future plan? Do you want to be a quant or do you have any other plan?

M

I switched my major when I became a post-graduate,from engineering to financial management.Sine my mathematics and statistics are not very good,it's quite unlikely to be a quant.I am thinking of finding an analyst job in some fund firm.Obviously,the market condition in China is getting much better, and what is also true is that,these firms' criteria for potential candidates also advance.

You looks like Chinese,are you a student under MFE program or you already are a quant?

I switched my major when I became a post-graduate,from engineering to financial management.Sine my mathematics and statistics are not very good,it's quite unlikely to be a quant.I am thinking of finding an analyst job in some fund firm.Obviously,the market condition in China is getting much better, and what is also true is that,these firms' criteria for potential candidates also advance.

You looks like Chinese,are you a student under MFE program or you already are a quant?

Hi,

I am a 100% Chinese:)

I have interned in some mutual fund in China. I think you should take the CFA. It seems that CFA goes down from a plus into a necessity if you want to join this community since the market is so hot and competition is fierce.

I cannot say much better in China. Institutional investors just account for no more than one third of the total funds in stock market. Indeed, the index has roared for a while. But in macro-level, the economy is kind of worrying. CPI in July is over 5%, and money supply is also growing fast. Maybe the loan growth is somewhat modest compared to increase in money supply. But there will be more tightening measures in the future. I think it might have a big plunge again once it passes 5000. I am wrong, hopefully.

M

Hi,

I am a 100% Chinese:)

I have interned in some mutual fund in China. I think you should take the CFA. It seems that CFA goes down from a plus into a necessity if you want to join this community since the market is so hot and competition is fierce.

I cannot say much better in China. Institutional investors just account for no more than one third of the total funds in stock market. Indeed, the index has roared for a while. But in macro-level, the economy is kind of worrying. CPI in July is over 5%, and money supply is also growing fast. Maybe the loan growth is somewhat modest compared to increase in money supply. But there will be more tightening measures in the future. I think it might have a big plunge again once it passes 5000. I am wrong, hopefully.

M

I see,feels warm,;)

really?good for you,have you ever considered getting your career started in China, it's where the sun rises,a lot of opportunities.and by 'China',I mean those metropolises,Shanghai,Hongkong,Beijing,Shenzhen,etc.

well, you must be very good at macroeconomics!I'm not,with respect to the hot booming China stock market,it is said it'll never experience a big turnback until it reaches 6000.But to me, it means nothing.I never do well in short-term stock investments.what I am trying to now is to buy some stocks and then never touch them.sometimes it's hard to resist the temporary profits/losses,though.

I did took level2 CFA exam,the result is not available yet. hope I can pass so that I can work on level3.I once asked my advisor for his advice on whether CFA or FRM is better for me and he said you should go for CFA.I'd say,I really learned a lot during my CFA preparation.

Anyway,thank you for your great advice and surely there must be many things I can learn from you.

Hi everyone! I'm a finance freshman in Xiamen University. Nice city!
But I'm worried that some of the courses I took may be too "liberal". Despite those damm politics, I seems that not too many of them are quatitative. Not much attention to mathematics and programming strategy! So I joint this forum to fresh my minds and expand my horizon. I love financial engineering, and hope to pursue a MFE program in US.

I see,feels warm,;)

really?good for you,have you ever considered getting your career started in China, it's where the sun rises,a lot of opportunities.and by 'China',I mean those metropolises,Shanghai,Hongkong,Beijing,Shenzhen,etc.

well, you must be very good at macroeconomics!I'm not,with respect to the hot booming China stock market,it is said it'll never experience a big turnback until it reaches 6000.But to me, it means nothing.I never do well in short-term stock investments.what I am trying to now is to buy some stocks and then never touch them.sometimes it's hard to resist the temporary profits/losses,though.

I did took level2 CFA exam,the result is not available yet. hope I can pass so that I can work on level3.I once asked my advisor for his advice on whether CFA or FRM is better for me and he said you should go for CFA.I'd say,I really learned a lot during my CFA preparation.

Anyway,thank you for your great advice and surely there must be many things I can learn from you.

Hi,

I just passed CFA level one this june and will take level two next year. I think the knowledge structure in CFA is more comprehensive and it is a good review of various topics in finance. FRM is more focused on quant or statistics side, though not as quant as fe.

The real problem is how to bring what we learn into practice. We can know a lot of models from books or papers. But our weakness may lie in the implementation of this models and make it work. Even small error of computation, you can get fired. This program is very practical and keen to the market. That is what I felt exciting and challenging about it.

Hi everyone! I'm a finance freshman in Xiamen University. Nice city!
But I'm worried that some of the courses I took may be too "liberal". Despite those damm politics, I seems that not too many of them are quatitative. Not much attention to mathematics and programming strategy! So I joint this forum to fresh my minds and expand my horizon. I love financial engineering, and hope to pursue a MFE program in US.

Hi

Sunbanker, welcome to this community. I am sure you will learn a lot from here.

Muting

Back