• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Acceptance rate in priority vs. later rounds

I have always wondered what the acceptance rate is like for the priority round compared to later rounds. I am aware that a lot of the MFE programs have only 1 or 2 rounds of application, but I heard from a friend who plans to apply for second rounds of MFE programs because she thinks the priority round is more competitive as strong applicants tend to submit their applications early. Also, she reasoned that by the second round, some applicants would have not accepted the offer or withdrawn their application.

I was confused hearing his thoughts on the difference between rounds. But is it generally advantageous to apply for a specific round? Btw, I always thought that it's better to early, especially for international students considering visa and other logistic issues.

Can someone shed some light on this? Thanks in advance!

Solution
We're just trying to send out offers as soon as we've made a decision. Perhaps other programs have a more deliberate strategy, but our view is simply that the quicker we can admit students the better. That said, it takes time to evaluate carefully all of the applications, so we will be making offers until at least March 15.

I have never seen any significant pattern of stronger students submitting applications earlier.
We're just trying to send out offers as soon as we've made a decision. Perhaps other programs have a more deliberate strategy, but our view is simply that the quicker we can admit students the better. That said, it takes time to evaluate carefully all of the applications, so we will be making offers until at least March 15.

I have never seen any significant pattern of stronger students submitting applications earlier.

Solution

Thank you for the info! Always insightful to hear from Admissions:)

Back