• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Admitted by CMU -- What's the next step??

Hi,

I've been admitted to the CMU Mscf program in round 1. Thanks a lot to this site. You guys are awesome !!! I had some questions about the next steps:-

1. What is the next step in the admission process, and what is the deadline for the same?

2. What is the deadline to submit the background-check form?

3. Will the Math & CS prep courses be available as online videos in case I am unable to attend the same by being physically present in the classroom?

Thanks!

Surely they will send you an e-mail with that information. Whatever they don´t specify, ask them directly. Is better to contact the program managers than to rely on strangers.

This is clearly explained on the MSCF countdown website, on the right-hand side with the title "T0-Do List". You can be directed to this website from your acceptance letter. Look forward to meeting my fellow MSCF students come fall! Note that initial deposits are due by March 11.

Thanks markhobbus - Looks like I missed that info in the excitement of getting admitted... But the countdown website does not answer my other 2 questions:-

1. What is the deadline to submit the background-check form?
2. Will the Math & CS prep courses be available as online videos in case I am unable to attend the same by being physically present in the classroom?

Thanks markhobbus - Looks like I missed that info in the excitement of getting admitted... But the countdown website does not answer my other 2 questions:-

1. What is the deadline to submit the background-check form?
2. Will the Math & CS prep courses be available as online videos in case I am unable to attend the same by being physically present in the classroom?

for #2, yes, those classes are recorded.

Math Andrew - Thanks, so I will be able to watch the videos even if I am in Singapore ? (I assume I will need to login, but my point is, the videos will be accessible even from outside the CMU network ?)

Regarding the background-check form, do you know if the deadline is before OR after the deadline to accept the offer (March 11) ?

Thanks!

Regarding the background-check form, do you know if the deadline is before OR after the deadline to accept the offer (March 11) ?

- I believe the background check has to be completed before the first day of classes (or something of that sort). Best to email CMU officials and ask.

Thanks. by the way, will the refresher courses be taught from the NY campus or the Pittsburgh campus?

Thanks a lot Devdeep!!

- Similar to regular Mini's.. most of the classes will be taught from Pittsburgh.. the professor(s) will teach from NY Campus a couple of times...

The background-check form will be completed after you accept the offer, if I remember correctly.

Back