• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Advice for MFE Prep/Profile Evaluation

Hi friends,

I am a final year undergrad at IIT Indore (mech. Engg), current CPI - 8.84/10

I know statistics(I have done NPTEL courses on stats, Regression Analysis, and stochastic processes), and I am currently learning ML. I have an understanding of time series analysis, Garch models, some elementary portfolio selection theory, and Var and ES estimation.

Currently, I am working on a research paper under my college professor. The paper is on using copula to estimate Var and Expected shortfall.

I also stood first in the alpha generation challenge (alpha-verse premier league) by ALphaGrep.

I am currently planning on taking the C++ certificate by Quant Net.

could you please guide me on the following questions(that would be a huge help):

1.) Should I take GRE, as most of the colleges don't require one?

2.) How can I further improve my profile and get admission to top MFE programs?

3.) What is the best time for applying to the programs for the 2024 fall intake ??

Thanks a lot for your time, Eagerly Waiting for your response...

Ps: - I couldn't secure any summer Internship for the summer of 23.

@Andy Nguyen

Last edited:
1. Personally, I didn't take the GRE but if you have the time to take it and get a good score, then I'm sure it will boost your application.
2. Your profile looks quite good to me already so I'm not sure.
3. As early as possible really, the program I'm joining accepts applications on a rolling-basis.

Back