• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Advice on Interview Books

Could someone please suggest the best book for quant interviews? From the best selling books list, I see there are books by Joshi, Crack, Wilmott, and Zhou. If you only have time to read one, which one would best prepare you for quant interviews? Furthermore, it seems that none of the books contains enough questions on programming. Please also suggest a book for programming questions.

Thank you for the link. I will definitely read it for C++ questions. Do you have any suggestions regarding the books I mentioned in my first post?

I don't think you should get one book since they are all complementary of one another and have little overlapping. I know many MFE students got all of them, so do myself. I heard good feedback for Mark Joshi book. Crack book is more for MBA type applicants and not much hard core quant type.
Books are the cheapest form of investment you can do to improve your chance of landing a job.

BOOKS FOR QUANT INTERVIEWS

Thanks Andy. That's exactly the answer I was looking for. I just wanted to hear from those of you who have read a few of the books to see if some books have overlapping material or have different target readers. I guess I should read Joshi's book and avoid Crack's book since it's more targeted for MBA students.

Back