• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Advice Request: Which one of the 2 MQF is superior to the Other?

Which MQF Program is superior to the other ?

• Lancaster University's Master Program of Quantitative Finance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • University of Glasgow's Master Program of Quantitative Finance

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have received two admission offers of Pre-Master of Quantitative Finance from two universities in UK; Lancaster and Glasgow. However, I am confused which one is superior to the other?

The Program Structure of Lancaster's Master of Quantitative Finance :

MSc Quantitative Finance

The Program Structure of Glasgow's Master of Quantitative Finance:

A- Compulsory :

Mathematical Finance
Compulsory Financial Derivatives
Modelling and Forecasting Financial Markets

B- Electives (3 Courses):

Game Theory with Applications in Finance
Portfolio Analysis and Investment
Basic Econometrics
Advanced Portfolio Analysis (Portfolio Analysis and Investment is a co-requisite)
Applied Computational Finance
C++ in Finance
Economic Fundamentals and Financial Markets
Investment, Finance and Asset Prices
Empirical Asset Pricing (Basic Econometrics or Portfolio Analysis and Investment or Economic Fundamentals and Financial Markets are co-requisites)
Financial Market Micostructure
Interest Rate Modelling

C- Dissertation

As noticed, there are 6 course in Glasgow's program in copmarison to 11 courses in Lancaster's, however, I am not sure if this defference is significant in assessing and comparing the two programs.

Please help me to determine which one I shoul accept its offer an why ?

You must seek the answer within yourself. Or in the alumni databases of your programs. Ask the offices for a couple of alums you can speak with; prepare questions for them. Maybe around curriculum, teaching quality, job placement? Once you finish the program, you will have to make a lot of decisions with limited information. This is an excellent chance to develop that skill. And maybe delete the crying emoticons. There’s no crying in quantitative finance.

Back