• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Advise needed on College Project Thesis

hey Guys,

I am new to this forum, and this is my first post, although I may be posting for the first time, but I have been quite actively reading the posts by other users, hence the confidence in asking you guys for advise and help on my project thesis.

I am doing MBA Actuarial Science, and my college project requires me to pick up any topic which is related to the Actuarial field (not a rule though, can deviate towards finance), and I have picked up "Algorithmic Trading (AT) and India", as my topic, the rationale behind such a thing is that, this is fairly an emerging thing for the Indian Financial markets, and it been fuelled by the acquisition of country's stock exchanges by the western ones where AT is quite in vouge, so now India will have to adapt this aspect. - this part of rationale is the goodness/soundness/innovativeness of the topic, which is an essential ingredient.

the second part of the rationale behing this topic is that the Internet will be of much help, and I will get a lot of material to make a good volumnious report.

the third part, to which the rest of the things boils down is that all this exercise is to get good grades!!, so AT is an allrounder for me.

But I am not falling in love with AT as a topic, if there could be better one and I will be happy to make the switch, but I have no other topic in mind, so I request you guys to advise me what could be better or other good topic that I may be able to pick for my project thesis (based on the 3 aspects of the Rationale)

All you guys help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Ravi

Why don't you pick a topic that is closely related to insurance? Something from the area of insuring debt. For example, CDS - Credit Default Swap.

Back