• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Aerospace Engineering to FE

Guys,

I have been working in the aerospace engineering industry for the past 10 months + internships, but I am not interested in AE at all. I got a full-ride scholarship through the DoD for my BS/MS in AE but I want to transition to something more business related and analytical. For the past 10 months after I completed my MS in AE I have been working for the Air Force, which has been a drag to say the least.

I am planning on going through the fall career fair at my school and trying out for different positions in FE, management consulting, and engineering in the energy sector (weird I know but my gf lives in TX).

However, I was wondering if you guys had any advice as to trying to secure a job in either NY or TX (energy trading) with my AE degree...(BS/MS AE Degree is from a top 5 Aerospace Engineering college in the US)

I also plan on taking the GMAT in Aug 2013. I just really want to get out of the Aerospace sector.
Undergrad GPA :3.53
Grad GPA : 3.88 (completed in 1 year, one professor screwed up my 4.00, got 4.00 my final sem)

I appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Back