• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Any hope to enter 2nd round of CMU? the deadline for 2nd round has already passed

Hi everyone, I want to appy CMU MSCF. But the deadline for the 2nd round of CMU is Jan. 4. If I submit my application now(around Jan. 20), is there any hope to enter the 2nd round?

My logic is that, now they are busy on evaluating the 1st round candidates until Jan. 25 when admission results will be released. So they have not had time to look at the applications for 2nd round. So if I submit my application before Jan. 25, when they finish the 1st round evaluation and start to look at the 2nd round candidates on or after Jan 25, they will consider all existing applications at that time, including my application, as 2nd round. Is it possible?

I think CMU would be pretty strict on that. I'm sure they receive massive amounts of applications. If yours is late... then that's just too bad.

Contacting CMU MSCF Admissions would answer your question most accurately.

I suggest you give it a shot. I know someone who submitted on the last deadline and got accepted in 2006. She had very strong essays and recommendation letters though coupled with an MBA in finance and 2 years of work exp. So go for it. good luck.

Back