• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MAFN application advice regarding GRE/GMAT score

Good afternoon everyone,
Did anyone get the admission without submitting GRE or GMAT score? According to their application instruction, GRE is recommended but not required. My verbal score is retarded low (140..only 13% below). But my quant score (165) and AW(4.0) score are ok. I didn't takt GMAT so wont use it as a replacement. Also, I dont feel like retaking GRE...Should I submit my GRE score in my application? No GRE score vs. extremely low verbal score, which is relatively worse? Any thoughts are welcome!

I did. The closest thing they have there is an AD from someone who scored 165 in quant and 149 in verbal..if I have scored 149 in verbal I would definitely submit it..but mine is 140. I didn't see any AD without GRE score tho.. Does that mean I have to submit the "optional" GRE score to be seriouly considered for admission even if it's extremly low? No GRE = no way but low GRE = hmmmmm possible?

Back