• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Baruch MFE application for international student?

Hi guys,

I am new to this quantnet forum. Have been reading through the articles and found them very interesting. :)

Would need a little help here.

Would like to ask you guys about my chances for the Baruch MFE. I am currently an FX options trader at an international bank in Singapore. Is really very keen on taking up a masters of financial engineering at Baruch. My work is very relevant to financial engineering because I do modelling and create programs such as pricers for the bank to use.

However, my undergraduate degree is accounting (i have a minor in computing) and I am afraid I cannot attend the pre-MFE courses because of the simple reason that I am still in Singapore. I have C++ programming experience pre-university and have so far scored pretty well for my computing modules in university and pre-university. I do have a cfa lvl 1 and will be taking lvl 2 in june.

What are my chances of getting into the course?

Will there be a conditional acceptance for my case? or do i need the summer refreshers?

You have a very good chance of getting in. I suggest you apply.

thank for your replies.

i'm a girl btw. :)

i come from a mathematics background pre-university. took computing, further mathematics and physics for my GCE 'A' levels (british system) further mathematics was pretty intensive, it has probability, matices, stats, as well as dynamics.

in my university though, i took two mathematics courses and my main core was accounting modules. i also had computing modules (with my computing minor) and some finance modules.

the mathematics i have at work are all pretty self-taught otherwise.

other than that, i took cfa lvl 1 which has some mathematics in them.

hi guys,

for baruch mfe, do we need to send Visa request and finance declaration form after we get the admit?

Please advise.
Thanks

hi guys,

for baruch mfe, do we need to send Visa request and finance declaration form after we get the admit?

Please advise.
Thanks

No. You should only submit the financial documentation once you are admitted. Good luck!

Hi I have a quick query, for Rutgers college which asks for GPA conversion im going about the process through WES. what type of conversion will i need, a course by course evaluation?

Hi I have a quick query, for Rutgers college which asks for GPA conversion im going about the process through WES. what type of conversion will i need, a course by course evaluation?
Which grading system is used in your country ?

Take a look at this link:
GPA Conversion Chart

Now, that I'm looking at it again, it doesn't have A-, B+, etc. So, I don't know how accurate it is.
I just found another website, it has 2 examples, and, I believe there are different ways to calculate the GPA.

GPA CONVERSION CHARTS

rutgers

i recently had my scores converted by WES. Its a 3.34/4 with a consistent 4 in mathematics during all semesters. i have a gmat score of 690(q 48, v 37), 1.5 yrs of work experience, 6 months relevant internship experience in finance . what are my chances at Rutgers for the MSQF program?

Back