• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Baruch MFE Baruch MFE curriculum changes - Fall 2014

dstefan

Baruch MFE Director
Continuing to offer a cutting edge curriculum connected to the financial industry job market and career paths, the Fall 2014 semester will bring the most significant changes in our program since its inception.

Three new elective courses which will present the graduates of our program with expanded career options will be introduced in the 2014-2015 academic year:
MTH 9855 Asset Allocation and Portfolio Management (14 weeks; 3 credits)
MTH 9876 Credit Risk Models (14 weeks; 3 credits)
MTH 9878 Interest Rate Models (14 weeks; 3 credits)
(MTH 9876 and MTH 9878 will be taught by Professor Andrew Lesniewski)

The Machine Learning and Big Data in Finance courses will be taught as a sequence beginning in the Spring 2015 semester:
MTH 9898 Data Science in Finance I: Big Data in Finance (7 weeks; 1.5 credits)
MTH 9899 Data Science in Finance II: Machine Learning (7 weeks; 1.5 credits)

The courses MTH 9821 Numerical Methods for Finance I and MTH 9831 Probability and Stochastic Processes for Finance I will be taught in an accelerated format with additional teaching hours in the Fall semester. The courses MTH 9852 Numerical Methods for Finance II and MTH 9862 Probability and Stochastic Processes for Finance II will no longer be required courses.

The number of required credits for completing the program will be reduced from 21 credits to 15 credits, and the number of elective credits will increase from 15 credits to 21 credits, thus providing more flexibility for our students to reflect our expanded set of elective courses.

Back