• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Baruch MFE Baruch pre-MFE program Q&A (ask previous students)

Hi all,

As the NLA courses only offered in Spring, would it be possible for students to apply for the same year MFE program with the NLA certificate earned in Spring?

For example, in 2023, NLA's final exam date is March 27th and the deadline of the last round application is April 1st. Would the final result of NLA comes out before the MFE application deadline?

Thank you!

The timing of the end of the Pre-MFE seminars in the Spring is such that the final results are available before the final round application deadline of April 1.

Hi, everyone! My name is Xiaobo He and I am current first-year MFE student at Baruch college. I took all the three courses of Pre-MFE program at Baruch College, and also the online c++ course from QuantNet.

In my personal experience, I find that the Pre-MFE program is very helpful. First of all, it refreshes the important knowledge you have learned in calculus, probability theory, and linear algebra, and extends intensively to applications in financial industry. For someone like me with little finance-related exposure, it is a nature bridge to connect from what you learned in the college to what you will learn and use in MFE program and future quantitative career. Moreover, all the instructors are faculties from Baruch MFE program, then you have good chance to feel the style of this program.

The familiarity with math knowledge pre-required by Baruch MFE is the key to get into any decent programs in quantitative finance. It is also the ground zero for future job-seeking in Wall Street. The refreshment from PreMFE program gives the students more chance to solve the questions when you apply for a MFE program, and eventually pass the increasingly difficult interviews.

Please feel free to drop a post if you have any question about the Pre-MFE program at Baruch College. We will be more than happy to answer the questions.

Best for everyone!
Hello sir. Can students without maths background apply for preMFE?

You must have taken comparable undergraduate classes in order to take the Pre-MFE seminars, for example, one semester of calculus in order to be able to take the Advanced Calculus with Financial Engineering Applications seminar.

Back