• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE Berkeley MFE Placement

As someone looking to apply to Berkeley MFE, seems like most of the current students are having a hard time getting placed (most of them on Linkedin are with Open to work tag).
Has Linda’s exit impacted the program this much?
Geography of the program must be tough to get placed in NY but does anyone have more recent intel on this?

I do not think LinkedIn is a reliable indicator — many students simply do not update their profiles. QuantNet employment stats tell a more accurate story IMO
Would agree but most have posted their internships (ending last month) and apparently most of them didn’t turn into FT

Would agree but most have posted their internships (ending last month) and apparently most of them didn’t turn into FT
Well,there’s a difference between securing a return offer versus accepting it. I don’t think the number is very high (can’t compare it to previous year’s statistics since I don’t have them) but a lot of them heard back in early January regarding their return offers.
I would say a vast majority of the batch is already placed and a handful are looking for full time roles. Also, many don’t bother posting their full time offers until they start working - many are probably just waiting to graduate before they post it on social media. We’ve had good offers roll in this year,I’m not sure how you came to your conclusion,but you’ll see the placement statistics along with company names soon enough.

Close to 50% of the batch interned in NYC this fall/winter and about 25% in SFO. To add to this,I personally know quite a few people who are continuing working part time with the companies they interned at through the last term.

Back