• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE Berkeley two technical interviews

Yuandi Zhang

C++ Certificate with Distinction
Umm. Here is my case.

I got my first interview very quick after I submitted my application. I think I did pretty well on the first interview, except maybe wrong on one or two questions among 10-15 questions.

After roughly 3 weeks, I get my second interview notice. It will still be with an alumnus.

But based on my experience, interview with Admission officer = non-technical. Interview with current student/alumnus = technical. So I am expecting it to be technical again.

But as far as I can see from the trackers, most people who get into the program only had one technical interviews.

There was only one guy I see from the tracker in recent 2/3 years who had 2 technical interviews.

So here is my concern.

1. Having a second technical interview means I did poorly in my first one? (which shouldn't really be the case because I think I did pretty well).
2. Does it mean that I am on the border of being admitted and being rejected? (which is why they wanted to interview my technical skills again).

What do you guys think

Thx

Back