• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Best Online Intro Regression Course?

Hey, folks, I need the benefit of the Quantnet hive mind.

I'm teaching a "business analytics" course at Baruch College (undergrad) and I'm trying to find the best online introduction to regression analysis video. It's an honors class and the kids are really smart, but some haven't had more than a semester of calc and aren't all finance majors.

What are the best ones you've encountered? I'm sure Khan Academy has something. What else? I'm looking to have them do basic OLS.

I'm interested in the best
a) 1-3 hour introduction and
b) full course

if you follow the playlist for this video above, the Professor has about 3 lectures on regression in general. It's really an applied stats course with a few lectures on regression. He's pretty good, but this is more Mathematical then I would expect from business students, although definitely doable I think.

In the next playlist below is a bunch of short videos with a khan academy type feel. He goes into many topics that are relevant, its designed for an econometrics course. It has more of a business class feel, but he explains the intuition about a lot of the topics pretty well I believe. The links are not providing the whole playlist but if you just click on the account name and then go to playlist you will find it easily. This one is "undergraduate course in econometrics"

Last edited:

if you follow the playlist for this video above, the Professor has about 3 lectures on regression in general. It's really an applied stats course with a few lectures on regression. He's pretty good, but this is more Mathematical then I would expect from business students, although definitely doable I think.

In the next playlist below is a bunch of short videos with a khan academy type feel. He goes into many topics that are relevant, its designed for an econometrics course. It has more of a business class feel, but he explains the intuition about a lot of the topics pretty well I believe. The links are not providing the whole playlist but if you just click on the account name and then go to playlist you will find it easily. This one is "undergraduate course in econometrics"

Thanks

Back