• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Best use of my year

So where I am at currently...

I just graduated from a little college in Pennsylvania called Saint Francis University.

I have 150 credits and majored in Accounting, Finance, and Management. The downside is my gpa was a 2.7 :(

It is a hindsight 20/20 scenario where I now realize i should have tried and done homework. So I am now at home in California pursuing a job. I am currently exploring taking classes at the local junior college and getting an AA in Computer Science and a A.S. in Mathematics then applying to UCLA for their MFE program. I have even contemplated fulfilling the AA requirements and transfering to a UC and redoing my undergrad essentially(though I feel that would be a waste).

I mean worst case I can do USC's online MSFE or MSME(they have two different ones) I dont quite know the difference.

What are your recommendations for what to do with the next year possibly 2 so that I can get into a MFE program... either Claremont Graduate School, UCLA, or USC.

So where I am at currently...

I just graduated from a little college in Pennsylvania called Saint Francis University.

I have 150 credits and majored in Accounting, Finance, and Management. The downside is my gpa was a 2.7 :(

It is a hindsight 20/20 scenario where I now realize i should have tried and done homework. So I am now at home in California pursuing a job. I am currently exploring taking classes at the local junior college and getting an AA in Computer Science and a A.S. in Mathematics then applying to UCLA for their MFE program. I have even contemplated fulfilling the AA requirements and transfering to a UC and redoing my undergrad essentially(though I feel that would be a waste).

I mean worst case I can do USC's online MSFE or MSME(they have two different ones) I dont quite know the difference.

What are your recommendations for what to do with the next year possibly 2 so that I can get into a MFE program... either Claremont Graduate School, UCLA, or USC.
I'm not trying to be mean here, but your major was non-technical and you did poorly in it. Are you sure you want to do an MFE?

its cool. I did poorly because I was the prototypical jock in college. I played football did track. I would miss class consistantly and just not do hw. Also I would have been at roughly a 3.2 if I didnt keep my accounting major. I know it seems like excuses and such, but I know that I can.

So to be constructive... do you have any suggestions?

Back