• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Bulking up Resume

Hi all,

I have recently been restructuring my resume for when I begin applying to roles in September.

Previously my resume contained a section on introductory finance and programming certifications, however this section was only present as I wanted to demonstrate my interests as a math undergrad. As I have an MFE listed which contains much more relevant content, I removed the certification section. Now it feels like there's too much empty space.

I am looking for any suggestions for how I could 'bulk up' my current resume. This includes anything I could do alongside studying/working up until September. I would also appreciate any general feedback, although I have obviously made quite a few modifications to make my resume more anonymous.

I have considered QuantNet courses and CFA level 1, although I'd appreciate any other suggestions. If you'd like any more info about my background I'd be happy to have a discussion over DMs.

Attachments

• cv.pdf
    43.4 KB · Views: 156
Just spitballing here:

1. Does you uni have a quant finance club or student fund. Maybe join them?
2. Add in your dissertation/thesis if you've already decided on what you want to do
3. Do more projects?

Just spitballing here:

1. Does you uni have a quant finance club or student fund. Maybe join them?
2. Add in your dissertation/thesis if you've already decided on what you want to do
3. Do more projects?
1. Unfortunately, since COVID, any finance related societies seem pretty dead... There's over 20,000 students at my institution and the only related society (Accounting and Finance) has under 20 members on the Facebook group (I signed up and requested to join but I don't think anyone's paying attention to it anymore). From September at my new university there's plenty of relevant societies; quant, data science and finance, so I'll definitely get heavily involved.

2. Unfortunately I won't be doing any dissertation work until May 2022, just the structure of the courses I'm taking. Right now I still can't decide whether I'm more interested in applied math (I'm pretty interested in PDEs) or statistics (I'm also interested in deep learning).

3. Definitely something I'll be doing, however I was inclined to highlight a couple 'stand-out' projects, under the impression that if anyone was really interested they could checkout my GitHub or website. In the current format would it seem suitable to add an extra couple projects?

Thanks for the advice.

2. I don't want to give random advice since I am in no way, shape, or form, an expert on this topic, but interesting read if you are interested in doing a thesis on deep learning: Machine Learning, Deep Learning and AI: Perspectives

3. I don't think it would be a minus, especially if it is relevant to the world of quant finance and you have some space to fill.

Back