• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Course Ghosts

Working through the first C++ course right now. Every once in a while you'll see comments in the discussion forums from years ago by users who still don't have the badges under their names so you know that they never passed the course.

It is not a heartening sight 😂.

I remember thinking that. Prof Duffy and sir Avi along with Andy and this platform basically hand it to us on a silver plate. I'd be totally kicking myself if I didn't kill myself to learn and finish the course.

Working through the first C++ course right now. Every once in a while you'll see comments in the discussion forums from years ago by users who still don't have the badges under their names so you know that they never passed the course.

And the advanced one is even more intense ... :oops: Got to go hard at it, or there's no way out. Well-worth the money if you take it seriously though

1689041420084.png

You guys are lucky; it took me 33 years to learn C++.:ninja:
Hi, Can you give me an idea of how long it typically takes to advance in C++ development at uni? Also, would it be advisable to pursue a Master's in Computer Science for quant dev? Thank you.

I started 4 year maths degree with 50 other sudents in Trinity College Dublin. 6 of us surived the Special Maths degree course.
"No pain, no gain"

I started 4 year maths degree with 50 other sudents in Trinity College Dublin. 6 of us surived the Special Maths degree course.
Meanwhile, my college maths degree typically gives you a full year to 'settle in and adjust to the hardships of college life' before teaching you anything past integration. We still only graduate with ~15 students.
Different worlds. Also, different quality of math departments.

I didn't have an interest in mathematics when choosing universities - unfortunately. That didn't come until recently.

Meanwhile, my college maths degree typically gives you a full year to 'settle in and adjust to the hardships of college life' before teaching you anything past integration. We still only graduate with ~15 students.
Different worlds. Also, different quality of math departments.

I didn't have an interest in mathematics when choosing universities - unfortunately. That didn't come until recently.
You've got your whole life ahead of you .. you'll be fine!

Back