• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C# in Front Office book

Just published http://book.greenwich2greenwich.com/CsInFrontOffice/

So far, I have got very encouraging feedback. And it seems to be relevant to some previous posts in this forum.

<iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=quantfinaneng-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=144215358X&fc1=000000&IS2=1&lt1=_top&lc1=0000FF&bc1=FFFFFF&bg1=F7F7F7&f=ifr" style="width: 120px; height: 240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I do use VSTO, but decided to leave it out in this book (but may include in the 2nd edition, if there will be one :->)

The main reason to leave VSTO out is for practical consideration. On the trading floor, it's better to avoid frequently installing applications that will need to force user log-in/out. :)

LoL. For one reason or another, people avoid VSTO like a plague even they use/need it at some point. I spent sometime working with VSTO on a FO environment and always curious to see if anyone will ever document their however sad vsto experience.
As soon as I get to review the book, I will put it in the master reading list for quants

Well, VSTO is not a plague for sure. Actually in the section 7.9, I was planning to give examples of customizing Outlook and Visual Studio itself using VSTO. It's a close decision to leave details out.

Will definitely consider including VSTO in the 2nd edition, if there is one :)

Back