• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Calculating portfolio risk with

Hello all,

I need help.
Im writing a diploma research and Im stuck at one point. So the story is as follows:

I plan to create a portfolio of 2(for simplicity) assets with Markowitz portfolio selection model which takes linear dependency between assets into consideration. I did that thing and calculated the expected return and volatility of the portfolio using the known method.

Now I need to connect the two assets with copula functions which I also did. So the returns are now connected with the Clayton and Gumbell copulas. But Im not sure how to calculate the overall risk of the portfolio and what weights to choose.

Could anyone help?

Thanks a lot

Ultimately yes. I have already constructed the dependence between 2 stock payoffs using copula but Im not sure how to calculate the standard deviation. That's where Im stuck at. I also need to choose the best weights to invest in each stock.

Thanks

Back