• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Can a 38inch monitor handle 3 windows properly

This must be categorized as of-of topic. Sorry for that.

I am considering buying a 38 inch curved monitor from Dell og LG for my home office.
Haa anyone of tried a 38inch monitor and can tell me whether a 3 screen split feels natural og awkward?
I usually have the main window (mostly coding) in the middle and a secondary screen on the side. i don't like the 2 split because nothing is in the middle.

Thanks!

I do not find "just" the 35 or 38 curved natural for coding.

I've used many setups. My favorite generic setup is two cheap 27" Asus monitors in portrait mode: Amazon.com
And then you can go crazy with the middle monitor.

If you like immersive experience for gaming or movies I would say a 35" curved. I use this at home: LG 35" Class UltraWide QHD 3440 x 1440 100Hz Curved Monitor - 35WN65C-B 719192642652 | eBay

I find anything above 35" stressful as you cannot do ANYTHING full screen unless you sit quite far back.

At work I just have 3 of these Asus monitors, two portrait, one landscape. Portraits for code, landscape for web.

I do not find "just" the 35 or 38 curved natural for coding.

I've used many setups. My favorite generic setup is two cheap 27" Asus monitors in portrait mode: Amazon.com
And then you can go crazy with the middle monitor.

If you like immersive experience for gaming or movies I would say a 35" curved. I use this at home: LG 35" Class UltraWide QHD 3440 x 1440 100Hz Curved Monitor - 35WN65C-B 719192642652 | eBay

I find anything above 35" stressful as you cannot do ANYTHING full screen unless you sit quite far back.

At work I just have 3 of these Asus monitors, two portrait, one landscape. Portraits for code, landscape for web.
Thank you for your input, Ross. I just bought a 38 inch for my home office. I have two 27'' monitors at work (one center landscape and one left portrait). looking forward to compare those to stations :)

Back