Career options after MFE

Hi All,

I am a new joinee on this forum and have been trying to gather information on career prospects after MFE. I would be joining MFE at NUS this july and was curious to know what career trajectory students take after MFE related courses.

Request you to kindly share your experience in terms of career choices post MFE as that would give me a good direction in identifying the right career track for myself.

I was unable to find any similar post and hence, started this thread. Incase, there are similar posts on this, please let me know so that I can go through them.

Thanks,
Nitin

As per the conversation with SMU MQF Director, quant role almost non exist in Singapore (If I intepret correctly). The best bet will be those propietary trading firms where you get paid peanuts and survive on the profit you make from the trade

Most MFE students end up in Risk/IT, eg Quant developer. They only get paid haf of what the quant get. If u manage to get into Risk, the pay is quite decent

As per the conversation with SMU MQF Director, quant role almost non exist in Singapore (If I intepret correctly). The best bet will be those propietary trading firms where you get paid peanuts and survive on the profit you make from the trade

Most MFE students end up in Risk/IT, eg Quant developer. They only get paid haf of what the quant get. If u manage to get into Risk, the pay is quite decent

Ok. And what kind of work do they do in Risk.

modelling credit risk, necessitates risk management and regulatory capital charge computations

Back