• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Chances of getting a good MFE?

Hi, I’m a HFT quant (not really quants per se in HFT but that’s my title) for an indian HFT firm. I’ve experience in building and deploying very large scale HFT systems. I also learned FPGA on the job and currently do a lot of that as well.
I want to transition to a more quant like role. I’ve been reading up material on my own but seems like a MFE might not be a bad option.
I have 6 years work ex (~4 years in electronic trading)

What are my chances of getting a good MFE program like perhaps Baruch or Cornell? My GPA was low like 3.3-3.4 but I think other areas of my profile are strong. I want to study in New York preferably.

Back