• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Citadel HFT Interview

Hey guys, I have an interview with Citadel coming up. It is for HFT role and will be on-site. Does anyone know what to prepare for? I feel like I can get tested on anything from maths questions to programming, data analysis, market knowledge, algos etc.

Does anyone know what questions they ask or whether I should stress on something in particular? There doesn't seem to be much info on the web. They seemed to stress on R and scripting. Is that what I should prepare on?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I believe FTAP. It is supposed to be for an experienced role so not sure whether it falls into that category.

I thought FTAP is supposed to be more on the Dev/tech side. Is that wrong? This is supposed to be for a trading/execution role.

I mean, you still didn't say what the actual position is, but i'm going to venture that is going to be primarily a coding position. Citadel likes C++ and Linux, so make sure you're completely comfortable with that. Brush up on multithreading and other OS topics.
With that said, since you say they stressed R and scripting, make sure you know R and scripting as well.

I am not too sure what the exact position is since I got it through a recruiter. It is more on the execution side so hopefully not too many coding questions. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

Back