• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Claremont MA in Politics/Business/Economics

Hey guys, first time poster.

I am really interested in this program at Claremont. It has a good brand and quite innovative in its curriculum. I was wondering if anyone had heard of it at all. If so, how are the placements? And any other info really would be great.

I am a Mechanical Engineering student in his final year. Thus far have a solid 3.8GPA, yet to take the GMAT and I have internship experience at Citi and JP.

Thanks a lot

Hi KadeerQ, I haven't heard of the program. If you're pursuing a career in economics, I advice you to equip yourself with a solid math background (statistics, and especially analysis of time-series).

what fields you're interested in? (labour economics, game theory or industrial org, econometrics, macro...etc)?

I have a pretty solid background in statistics. I like the diverse nature of the program, in the sense that it covers all areas of note, ie business, politics and economics. It'll likely land me a decent job in say MBB or IB. Economics, I like the overall theory but I enjoyed aspects such as game theory and micro.

It'll likely land me a decent job in say MBB or IB.

Oops, just saw the above posts. Well knowing pure math is a not enough for working with financial instruments. It's good that you have experience with large WS banks. Haven't heard the placement procedures of Claremont. :(

Anyone know about the placements at Claremont?

How is it as a namebrand?

Back