• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE Claremont Vs Kent State university

Hey can u ppl highlight on information about kent state and claremount and help me decide which one is better for pursuing MS in Financial Engineering?

I went to Kent State for undergraduate, and from my experience there the program is quite good if you are already good with programming; it is very much finance oriented, the classes are held on the trading floor which gets live data feed from CME and CBOT, and the finance professors have a lot to say about trading; job placement is mainly in Chicago.

Bottom line:

If you already know how to program and want to learn how to trade - it's an excellent place to learn that;
If you are more interested in more quantitative disciplines that focus on math and programming, may be is not that good of a place.
Also, make sure you like the location as well - Kent is not the friendliest place if you like urban environment and mild weather.

I don't know anything about Claremont.

Back