• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF CMU MSCF PT or FT?

Dear All

I have a quick question regarding PT and FT program. I would like to hear your suggestions on which one I should apply for.

I am working now(non-finance) but I think I may be able to manage the load of full time study. My question is: which one I should I apply for? PT or FT (Both CMU and Baruch have career support for PT.) or I can choose both? (NYU confirm one can only apply for either PT or FT)

Which program(PT/FT) I might have higher chance to get in or the same? I heard that PT is mainly for people who are working in the
finance industry. Then my work experience will not help me much for PT application.

Thanks for you suggestions.

PT is mainly for people with a day job, regardless of the field. Working FT and doing any FT program is extremely demanding which is why PT exists. For Baruch I know you can chose either and I don't believe your application is judged any differently whether you want to be FT or PT.

Thanks for information. Depending on courses, I may handle more courses while remaining full-time work..I want to keep that flexibility to shorten the time.

Applications for PT or FT go through the same process..... In case of NYU - the Math Finance program is extremely demanding but one can juggle and organize classes in such a way that one could do the program in 2.5 years while working FT, though it will be challenging...

There is no difference between FT and PT for the Baruch MFE Program. There is the same admission standard, the same career services, and you can shift between full-time and part-time status all the time, since that only means you would take four courses, or less than four, a semester.

Back