• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF CMU MSCF

I'm currently in the process of considering various options for graduate studies in finance, and CMU MSCF program has caught my attention. I'd like to gather some insights from those familiar with the program.

Firstly, I'm curious to know the number of applicants for round 1 versus round 2 for the MSCF program. have most decisions already been made in 1?

Another aspect is that the yield rate for MSCF is relatively low. I'd love to hear perspectives on why this might be the case and any insights into where admitted students typically end up if they choose not to enroll in the program.

And how are the electives, career services and internships for the program?

Overall, any firsthand experiences, anecdotes, or insights into the CMU MSCF admissions process and program would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance for your time and assistance!

Last edited:
Back