• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

CMU MSCF CMU part time program

I am considering applying for CMU's part time MSCF program. I am not sure how intensive the PT program? Any one here doing MSCF PT from CMU NYC campus?

My other concern is the how competitive it is to get in? I know the FT program is one of the best and probably really tough to get into, but what about PT?

I have heard the career/placement service is not available for part time students. I am not sure but it will be a good idea to check into it.

Personally I do not like the CMU program due to the course structure. With 4 programming courses and more during the other courses, you will throw up seeing a programmer by the time you are done.

actually career placement is available after one year ( its a 3 year program).

I agree there are a lot of programming courses, but I have a background in computer engineering so I find that what ever I will be learning (from a quant finance perspective) can be easily implemented as an application.

What I don't know is how intensive the PT program ? Is it manageable with a full time job.

Back