• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE Columbia MAFM vs Georgia Tech QCF vs UCLA MFE vs Fordham MQF

Which program to choose

• Columbia MAFM

• Georgia Tech QCF

• Fordham MQF

• UCLA MFE

Results are only viewable after voting.
Have admissions from these program.

Seeking for advice which to take

Columbia MAFM:
Good location and brand name

Georgia Tech QCF:
Possible to do a dual master in CS

Fordham MQF:
Is well know in New York also, under business school so career service should be better?

UCLA MFE

Vote for Gatech if you want more computer science; or Columbia MAFM if you want more math;
Fordham has a relatively lower bar;
UCLA has a bad placement rate.

Columbia MAFM has a big name with good location, if you are a Chinese and the name give you a ticket to some big company.
Georgia Tech QCF focus more on programming skill, a lower tuition and living expense, and a chance to become a GTA and GRA which will cover all you living expenses. You also have the chance a MBA dual or CS dual.

Vote for Gatech if you want more computer science; or Columbia MAFM if you want more math;
Fordham has a relatively lower bar;
UCLA has a bad placement rate.

Columbia MAFM has a big name with good location, if you are a Chinese and the name give you a ticket to some big company.
Georgia Tech QCF focus more on programming skill, a lower tuition and living expense, and a chance to become a GTA and GRA which will cover all you living expenses. You also have the chance a MBA dual or CS dual.

Thanks a lot for the detailed answer!

Wow I am exactly in the same situation. I'm leaning more towards GT I guess though I'm a UCLA graduate. Please let me know how you choose.

Could I know why you are not considering columbia MAFN? I am actually leaning towards Columbia due to the location and name
Wow I am exactly in the same situation. I'm leaning more towards GT I guess though I'm a UCLA graduate. Please let me know how you choose.

I would vote for Columbia MAFN for its great location and brand name. I'm surprised that there are so many people voting for Georgia Tech. If you really want to learn CS, Georgia Tech has online master's degree in CS, which is exactly the same as the onsite one, and only costs 6000 USD.

Have multiple friends from Mafn. I kind of echo what Yang Xu mentioned, but not all of them end up in Asia :). Vote Mafn.

Back