• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!
Columbia University - Masters in Financial Engineering

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE admissions results

• Thread starter Thread starter Vixus
  • Start date Start date
Just done with my interview. Not really comfortable talking to a camera and the questions were behavioral. No idea what to expect. Also, you can re-record as many times as you want.

Hi,
Current MSFE student here at Columbia.

Our cohort consists of roughly 60 Chinese, 25 Indian, 6 French, 6 Americans, and a couple from other countries, just to give you guys an idea on the ethnicity mix.

I think the acceptance rate is somewhere around 10%, maybe a bit less.

The online interview process is just behavioral, where you can re-record your answers until you are happy. Not the best interview process.

The program itself is very very quantitative. The first semester is quite insane in difficulty, with only those with very advanced math and coding skills not struggling. This program is TOUGH!!

It’s cool to see your confidence Geekynoob, because should you come to Columbia, the first semester will be sure to put that to test!
Can you please let us know your estimate of the number of people who got an interview last year and the conversion rate ? Did all applicants get an interview ?

Hi,

Can you please let us know your estimate of the number of people who got an interview last year and the conversion rate ? Did all applicants get an interview ?

Here are admission statistics for a number of programs, including Columbia. Our year had an 8.9% acceptance. None of us could tell you how many people received an interview, it's not a published statistic.

Any idea how many rounds of interview does Columbia have? Do we look forward to a Personal Interview after the pre-recorded one or wait for an Admit/Reject?

Any idea how many rounds of interview does Columbia have? Do we look forward to a Personal Interview after the pre-recorded one or wait for an Admit/Reject?
Last year, they conducted only 1 round of virtual interview. No telephonic or skype interview.

No one knows. I remember someone said back in 2011/12 that if you receive interview invitation, there's 90% chance that you would be selected.

More recently, if you check the tracker for 2017, proportion wise there are almost 30-40% people who had interviews and got rejected finally.

So I would assume that for 100 seats, they probably interview between 200-400.

Am done with my interview two days ago , any idea on when might we get notified on Admission Status ?!

Last edited:
Back