• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE interviews

Heyy
For Columbia MFE, no interview invite means a rejection?
I think there is still time though. It says on the site that you should probably wait for 6-8 weeks after your application went into review.

I think there is still time though. It says on the site that you should probably wait for 6-8 weeks after your application went into review.
I hope so :(
I noticed that people having a poor GPA and a poor GRE quant score got an interview too.
I have a score of 329(Q-169) in GRE, GPA :- 3.97
I have fair enough projects and internships related to the subject.
Also I’ll be pursuing my masters immediately after my undergrad degree in CSE.
So what role does having a job experience play in the overall evaluation of the profile? (I don’t have any full time work ex )

I noticed that people having a poor GPA and a poor GRE quant score got an interview too.
So what role does having a job experience play in the overall evaluation of the profile? (I don’t have any full time work ex )
I saw one person who got admitted without taking the interview last year.

Hey, I am in a similar plight. No full time job ex, but I have quant internships and a decent GRE and GPA. Did not get an interview invite from Columbia. Just hoping for the best. Good luck!

My friend got the interview invitation in March last year and the admission in May. So don't worry, they will send out interview on a rolling basis.

My friend got the interview invitation in March last year and the admission in May. So don't worry, they will send out interview on a rolling basis.
Yep, but the thing is that I had submitted my application somewhere around the first week of November, so that scares me a bit :(

Back