• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE suggested reading list

The following is a list of books suggested to every incoming MFE student at Columbia University.

GENERAL BACKGROUND (Good to have read)
QUANTITATIVE BACKGROUND
A VARIETY OF MORE SPECIALIZED REFERENCE BOOKS ON QUANTITATIVE METHODS

The list is long, obviously cant read it before the session..Any suggestions/ preferences for the books to be read first.

Thanks Andy for coming to my rescue.
I have done CFA L1 books for finance and currently reading Hull, since I am not from core finance background. I am also reading " A demon of our own design".
I need to cover quantitative methods importantly now.
Any other suggestions for finance books?

I agree, Andy - Kuznetsov's book is very good to figure out where quants fit in the landscape.

Please suggest a beginners book for excel VBA financial modelling

Bodie - Kane - Markus's Investments seems to be very similar with Sharp's book. Sheldon Ross's stochastic processes is good for beginners I believe, at least it is looks easier than Steven Shreve's stochastic calculus. (not sure if it is though)

Back