• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MSOR

Is anyone still waiting for MSOR program or any of the IEOR program from Columbia university? Last week many have got rejects but I still haven't received a decision yet. Any idea if there are any seats left, should I keep hope or only rejections are left to be roll out?

Some users of a Chinese forum have received an email asking whether "you are still interested in the program" The netizens have theorized that receiving the email doesn't indicate whether you'll be admitted or not, but it just means that they are way behind schedule and there's no point in evaluating your profile if you have already committed to another program. Apparently, the same email has been sent out in the previous years.

I would expect receiving the same email in the coming days.

Last edited:
Some users of a Chinese forum have received an email asking whether "you are still interested in the program" The netizens have theorized that receiving the email doesn't indicate whether you'll be admitted or not, but it just means that they are way behind schedule and there's no point in evaluating your profile if you have already committed to another program. Apparently, the same email has been sent out in the previous years.

I would expect receiving the same email in the coming days.
Well for me Columbia is definitely my first choice but now its too late actually I don't know whether people get admit in the late April or even in May for MSOR? Seeing past year records people who got admits have got their decisions max to max by mid April

I have been waitlisted by the Columbia university for MSOR program. Any idea when can I now expect a decision?

Back