• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MSOR

I haven’t seen a thread for the MSOR program.Has anyone heard back from ADCOM? The programs used as a backfill for MFE rejects, and are they holding out admittance to fill in with MFE folks before sending it out other applicants?

End March usually.
Check our their employment report. It’s similar to UCB in career path. 50% are quants, the rest are data scientists or consulting and they have a high average salary

Anyone received an update here? Since MFE and MSOR are under the same dept

Haven’t heard from ADCOM’s yet.They did say they’d be releasing decisions by End of March and its only Mid March.I’m throwing out a possibility that they would wait to send the results out to MFE applicants first and then send out the decisions for MSOR.
The waitlisted MFE’s would probably receive a choice to MSOR program and then they would fill it with the rest of the seats with MSOR applicants.Just a theory

I think they are releasing the results- my son got his admission on Feb 28th and they only give you 2 weeks to respond.

I got an email saying that I have an application status update (accepted) for the MSOR program on the 25th of March. Received the formal email from the department a day later. MSOR was the only program I applied too.

I got an email saying that I have an application status update (accepted) for the MSOR program on the 25th of March. Received the formal email from the department a day later. MSOR was the only program I applied too.
Hi @agentshitzu when did you submit your application and what is your profile? Did you apply only to MSOR?

WELP,looks it’s a reject for those who haven’t heard anything.its April,Columbia what you doing?

Back